Artwork by JudyRubber Road Adventures presents: Metal Art with Fairie Art Song Images.
I had a lot of fun creating this little tin to share with you.
Faerie Song Art Stamps: Sarah FS-1033, Kyra FSVW-2K, Bryony FSVW-2B, Heart Flowers FSVW-3HF, Butterfly Trio FS-8bt
Memento rich cocoa die ink (Tsukineko)
Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders)
Wizard tool (Spellbinders)
Watercolor crayons (Lyra)
Portable waterbrush (Niji)
Swirl glitter glue (Sulyn)
White cardstock, medium green cardstock
Tacky tape (Art Accents)
Black gesso (Liquitex)
Bone folder (Martha Stewart)
Copper mesh (Amaco)
Stained glass foiling tape (Diamond Tech)
Lumiere metallic bronze (Jacquard)
Precision blade scissors (Dyno Merchandise)
Size G crochet hook (Boye)
Stonewash cotton ribbon (Susan Bates)
1. Place newsprint down on work table, paint tin with black gesso. Allow to dry.
2. Paint front of tin with metallic paint. Allow to dry.
3a. Trim copper mesh with craft scissors to fit front of tin. Apply an even amount of foiling tape around edges of mesh, fold remaing tape to back, use bone folder to smooth foiling tape on both sides.
3b. Apply narrow tacky tape to back of foiling tape. Peel off liner and adhere to cover. Set aside.
4. Stamp "Sarah" with rich cocoa ink on white cardstock. Set aside to dry.
5. Watercolor Sarah, let dry, use precision scissors to trim close, remove all white area from image. Apply glitter glue to wings and flowers.
6. Stamp the :Butterfly Trio" on white cardstock, watercolor one of the butterflies, cut-out and adhere to copper mesh. Add glitter glue to butterfly.
Inside of Tin: Crochet two chains, long enough to cover around the inside of tin with stonewash cotton ribbon. The cover lid with be a little bit longer. Tie off each chain. Set aside.
1. Stamp "Heart Flowers"on smooth white paper. Paint the heart flowers with watercolor crayons. Trim and adhere each piece to fit inside of tin.
2. Adjust to fit each crochet ribbon chain over the stamped flowers as a frame. Adhere with clear drying glue. Set aside to dry.
3. Stamp Kyra and Bryony on smooth white cardstock with rich cocoa ink. Heat set to dry.
4. Watercolor both images with the waterbrush. Let dry.
5. Use one of the smaller dies to fit the painted fairies. Use die cutting tool to cut image and then emboss. Set aside.
6. Apply glitter glue to wings and hearts on Kyra and wings to Bryony. Let dry.
7. Use larger die cut to frame fairies with olive green cardstock.
8. Apply adhesive to finished die cuts and then adhere to background of "Heart Flowers" to finish.
The hop starts at Etha's Fairies Tin , and then my blog, next blog hop to Peggie's Music Box from there hop over to Cindy's About a Girl
I have another tutorial below using Faerie Song images: Decorative Clock