Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Grungy Monday


 Linda from Studio L3 has posted one of Tim Holtz  technique "Distress Color Ink Blocking" as our Grungy Monday challenge. Here is the technique over on Ranger website: http://www.rangerink.com/videos/videos_timColorBlock.htm
For my challenge I used a variety of Distress Inks over my tag using a foam applicator. Over that I inked one of Tim Holtz "Papillon" images using Ranger Clear Resist and a Perfect Pearls; Blue Smoke. I inked the butterflies with black ink. Fibers from my stash was added to tag.
The tag has lots of sheen that is not seen in the photo.
Have a nice day!

15 comments:

  1. Love the background colours on your tag. Love that stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag, I think I might just need to purchase that butterfly stamp, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, your tag is gorgeous. This was a fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Many tags with this theme. Yours adds some great colors and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely tag, love the softness of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your color combo a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Love this color combination and the stamping - such a great set, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag, Judy! I just got that set and need to show it some ink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag is realy beautiful, love the colour combination. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colors are beautiful together, just perfect for the gorgeous butterfly stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty tag. Love the colors and the butterflies. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. great colour choices and a lovely background for the butterflies.
    Thanks for sharing...
    Sarah at 46

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really pretty background, it works perfectly with the Papillon set.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a dreamy background you have created

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments on my blog and I hope I can continue to inspire you.
Please come back and visit soon...