Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reindeer Tag

I was inspired to make this tag using silver tape to a file folder and then die cut the reindeer and snowflake. Alcohol inks and an texture fades embossing folder were used on the reindeer. Alcohol inks on snowflake. The music paper was applied to tag. Trees were inked and stamped with TH stamps and newest Seasonal inks. Art Glitter glue was used to apply red ultra fine beads on the TH holly stamp.
Something that doesn't show; iridescent flakes on the foreground and on the snowflake.
Many of the supplies on this tag were purchased on OWSE: http://ididitcreations.com/club/

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Grungy Monday #28

Linda from Studio L3  asked us to do a  Tim Holtz technique for this challenge. You are asked to use alcohol inks, foil tape and a little imagination. Tim altered a beautiful pumpkin.
I used Tim Holtz snowflakes embossing folder, blue and silver alcohol inks, reindeer die cut, black paint dabber, snowflake die cut, on the edge die, Tim's tag die, metal foil tape, glitter and a trinket from Prima on a seam binding.
The snowflake doesn't show in this photo: it's white with glitter. The reindeer was painted with black dabber to give a silhouette look.

Turkey Two

This is my second turkey. I placed the rosettes in my Color Catcher and
sprayed them with Walnut Ink Antique Solution by Tsukineko. 
The head of the turkey was made with designer paper and then inked with distress inks.
The orange portion of the turkey was made with orange file folders. Hot glue gun was used to adhere the piece together.

I got my instructions and download body from Tim Holtz blog for his Quirky Turkey:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rosette Turkey

Today on Tim Holtz blog http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/ he is sharing how he made a turkey using both of his rosette dies.

Here is my turkey using his instructions.
I used designer paper from K and Company for my turkey along with Tim Holtz products and die cuts.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Update on Resist Technique

The Ornaments and Merry Christmas were made with
the same technique I shared on Technique Tuesday November 15.
Here is the tutorial:

 I used designer paper with clear embossing ink and powder with

Walnut ink. The pieces were cut-out and placed over
a tag I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Patina)

Stormy Sky distress ink around the outside edges.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Inks and Stamps

This is tag I made over this past weekend. I used Tim Holtz Christmas Memories stamp set with. Festive Berries and Everygreen Bough ink pads.
A time card from my stash was made with Tim Holtz die and bookplate.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Resist with Walnut Ink

I made this card for OWSE blog: http://craftingwithowse.blogspot.com/


I got a new texture fade Christmas embossing folder set in the mail yesterday. Here is a tag I made using one of the strips from the embossing folder with a snowman die cut and snowflake. A variety of distress inks and dabber paints were used on the tag.

Monday, November 14, 2011

New Inks and Stamps

I had a fabulous time with my mother over the week-end. We used some of our new inks and stamps. We went to Michaels and found a good buy. They had Christmas stamps; cling and mounted half price plus -25% off. We bought a few Hero Arts, Stampendous and Recollections stamps. We each made five new Christmas cards. I'll share those in the coming weeks.

This is one of the tags I made over the weekend.
This tag was made using Tim Holtz new Christmas stamps along with one of his new ink pads.(Iced Spruce.) The two stamped images on the tag was inked and clear embossed. The angel was cut-out and added with foam dots. I used the new Festive Berries to color the seam binding tie. Love the crackle stamp from this set!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Grungy Monday #26

Linda from http://www.studiol3.blogspot.com/ ask us to do this tutorial:  http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/12-tags-of-christmasday-7.html
for our Grungy Monday #26. Tim's website and blog. http://www.timholtz.com./

I made a mask using TH idealogy mask sheet and then inked Tim's airplane with blue StazOn ink. Next I used white dabber on a TH stamps, heat set and then inked another TH stamp over the entire tag with black soot. With the mask on I added two of Tim's distress inks to color the tag.
Tim added embossing ink and powder to his tag. I didn't think this one needed that.
And then I added my finishing touches;
Inked the "enjoy the journey" and bird on the fence with black Stazon.
Inked, stamped, and cut out one of Tim's clocks, punched a hole in the center and then added the spinner pointing at the airplane.
Seam binding added to top.