Sunday, June 3, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 June; My Umbrella

Thanks Tim, I love all the details you used on your June tag of 12 Tags of 2012.
 http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2012-june/


I loved that umbrella! This photo was taken at my grandparents home, they lived up the road from us.

I printed a copy on gloss paper. Color was added to my dress using Tim's nib with fired brick distress ink. 
I used Tim's stamp in the background from the stamp sheet Photo Studio #013, Tim's tiny tabs die cut for the tab, his word bands and the pen nib on this tag. To give the look of metal, I painted the tiny tab with silver dabber paint. Life Journey number 8 was added to the tab, I'm guessing that was my age.

Update: I asked my mother if she knew my age when she took this photo, she said I was around 8 years.

23 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

Judy, this is beyond adorable!!! Love that you used a pic of yourself. Such a sweet tag!

April said...

So cute and a great job! Love the saying on the metal label.

Unknown said...

Love that you used your own photo really nice job!

Ana K. said...

Great tag and photo is so cute!
Greetings from Slovenia!

Tamara said...

what a nice picture you used. Great tag.

Stamped Impressions said...

Thanks Everyone for the nice comments!

Barbara said...

This is just darling. Love it!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Love your tag..your style is awesome and the pic of you...adorable.
susan s.

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Fantastic! Love your tag and the picture.

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous tag, Judy! Love the painted metal parts and that's a wonderful photo.

Annie Claxton said...

This is so gorgeous and I love the photo

Winnie said...

Instead of "the umbrella man", it is the umbrella girl! How fun. Adorable picture of you and love how you tinted it and made the pieces look metalic!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty photograph of yourself. Love the dress and the umbrella too. Great tag.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You used a fantastic photo for this, but that background is amazing...loved the stencil 4 on the side! Gorgeous coloration as well! What a stunning piece!

Terry said...

Such an adorable photo to use! Love the tags background and your color choices!

Winnie said...

I commented the other day how much I liked your tag, and see you are one of the June Winners! Congratulations!

Linda said...

Fabulous tag, great photo. Congratulations on being a June winner xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

And....congrats too!!!!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Congratulations on being a winner. What a beautiful tag!

toni said...

Congratulations ! This is lovely. Great photo and great colours I'm very happy to be a winner also x

Creative Tara said...

That is the sweetest photo, it looks amazing on this tag! No wonder you were chosen to win :) congrats (to both uf us-yay!)

Scrap N Grow said...

What a beautiful tag! I especially love the photo for I had a favorite umbrella when I was younger. Congrats on being a June tag winner. Enjoy your goodies.

Pamela said...

I love your tag, you look so sweet in that picture. Congrats on your win!