Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Handmade Paper Doll


Robyn Weinrib on Facebook gave a challenge using her commands; add music paper, old book page, paint, stamps, stencils, and then finish the foreground. 
I completed the background this morning. And then started on the foreground.

I designed my first paper doll and then dressed her with patterned paper. She was drawn with a pencil on old book page and to my surprise, she is almost the same size as many of my Julie Nutting doll stamps from my stash. I'm calling my paper doll; Karin. 
When I was 17 we wore hats to special occasions, the one I created here is similar to the one I wore to a tea. The dress and hat was made with Prima paper. The bling by Prima and Paper Studio. Flower was made with my Cameo. Stamps by Tim Holtz. Stencils by Retta and Crafters Workshop. Hair drawn with Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen. Archival black ink on stamped images and Alexander Art Gesso on the stencils. Vintage photo distress ink applied around the tag to finish.
Thanks for looking! And don't laugh too hard viewing my hand drawn paper doll. Love the background. 

2 comments:

Four11Lady said...

I think that she is fabulous! You did a fantastic job with the whole project.

Four11Lady said...

I think that she is fabulous! You did a fantastic job with the whole project.