Saturday, November 1, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 ~ November



November 1, 2014

Tim shared his tag early this morning:
Tim talks about the fall colors in New England. I recall how beautiful the fall colors were growing up in the southern Oklahoma. My parents lived 10 miles from town and had lots of trees on their property. 
This afternoon, I made this tag using what supplies I had on hand at my mothers home. I always bring down a few boxes of dies and supplies predicting what I'll need. I used a mini blending tool to apply broken china mixed with a little dusty concord distress ink on tag with Stripes stencil THS004.
The mover and shaper arch die cut was distress inked with dusty concord, and then I taped down Burlap THS007 stencil over the inked arch to remove some of distress ink with a wet sponge.
I used the largest leaf from Tim's tattered leaves die. I painted four before choosing this one to use on my tag. I added distress Stickles rock candy over the painted leaf.
In my stash of bits and pieces was just the right size piece of Vintage Lace die cut black paper, so that was what i applied to my arch die cut. I added a little distress stickles rock candy on a portion of paper vintage lace. (Look at close-up below)
The stamp was inked with Archival black ink on my tag. Vintage photo distress ink was inked around the edges of tag to finish.
 Supplies by Tim Holtz: arch mover shaper die, tattered leaves die, vintage lace die, tag die,
burlap and stripes stencil, rubber stamp, stickles; rock candy, craft sheet, mini blending tool and distress ink pads: broken china, dusty concord and vintage photo.

Archival ink by Ranger 
Sizzix die cutting tool
Paper ribbon added to tag
Dina Wakley paints 
My well used and loved craft sheet was used as a background in this photo.

Here is a close-up of the my tag.



Three more leaves I painted with Dina Wakley's paints.