Monday, December 8, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 ~ December


I love Tim's tag this month!
Tim ask if everyone has had a chance do a tag each month, for me, I'll have to say no, I missed a month or two. In the last few weeks I've started feeling better and ready to get back into stamping. I hope Tim continues with the 12 tags of 2015 next year.

Check out Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 for December:
http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-december/

I used what Tim Holtz supplies I had in my stash to make my three tags for December.
I used Tim's festive greenery strip die, Stickles Distress Glitter, Distress Paints, Distress Inks and Industrial Stickers. If you have a chance to buy his Stickles Distress Glitter, do so you wouldn't be disappointed. I used Tim's distress glitter with tea infuser (from my kitchen) on the deer, phrase and snowflakes. Distress paints to color deer, foliage, bells, snowflake and phrase. Distress inks to color trims.
My Wow was watching droplets form to reveal snowflakes on my tag following Tim's technique.
I completed the first tag far right, I was disappointed using a black ink pad on background, sorry Tim I missed that step using a lighter shade. Since I had two deer left I made two more tags, each one similar but different.
Layers of chipboard were used to make deer and snowflakes with my Cameo. I completed all the tags with a die cut called small easel by Tim. I love using this die with my tags to make them stand up.

After finishing the tags, all were given away to our daughter and her two married girls.

My mother and I have enjoyed seeing what Tim does each month. She calls me or I'll call her to say Tim's new tag is up. I hope her continues next year. When we get together it always involves viewing Tim's tags or the designer team projects.

TH Festive Greenery strip die
Distress Paints: Picket Fence, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint,
Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Vintage Photo, Walnut stain, Brushed Pewter
Distress inks: Salty Ocean, Evergreen bough, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Stickles Distress Glitter
Heat it Tool
TH Tag die
TH Small Easel

I wanted to buy the word script and other dies, 
each shop in our area and on line said they were out of stock. 

Other supplies
Rangers Archival black ink
Heidi Swapp spray ink
Kodomo stamps
Manila card stock
Chipboard
Card stock by Core'dinations
Silhouette Cameo
Tea Infuser




4 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Judy, I love your choice of colors! You've inspired me to create a tag. Now that I have the Prancing Deer Sizzix die, I wonder what kind of mischief I can get into, lol

sally said...

Very pretty selection! I'm hoping to get mine done wed/Thursday :-)

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous tags Judy - I love seeing how everyone interprets TH tag challenges

Rose Tresures said...

Beautiful!!!!! I love them!!! hugs, Patty