Saturday, February 28, 2015

Card with Julie Nutting Stamp

 My 8 x 10 inch Gelli Arts Printing plate, golden paint, stencil and copy paper were used to make the base portion of this card. A funny thing happened while applying the painted piece on a big tag, I discovered I like the bottom portion of the tag better than the top, so it was trimmed, turned upside down and made into a card front.
Walnut distress ink was applied around edges and over tissue tape using a foam tool. My Julie Nutting stamped image was inked with archival black ink on 140 lb Strathmore watercolor paper and fuzzy cut. Designer paper was used to make her dress and shoes. Watercolors were used to paint skin tones and hair. White card stock and my Cameo were used to made all three flowers. Susan's Garden tool kit was used to form flowers. Spray inks from my stash were used to color each flower. Goosebumps Clear Texture spray was used on yellow flower with vintage stamens. Say it in Crystal  by Prima was applied to card front to finish. 
Stencil was made with my Cameo. 
Finished size 4" x 7.5" 

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Paper Flower Collection

All these paper flowers were made recently using my Cameo and digital images. 
They range from 1/2" to 2"
All of my flowers were made with white card stock. The flowers were inked, sprayed or painted with Ranger products. 
A few were sprayed with Goosebumps. 

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Spring Birds

I'm ready for warm weather; it was warm enough to go outside today without a coat, this evening its windy and cold, winter has returned. Tomorrow ice and snow has been forecast.
I made a bunch of chipboard digital die cut birds with my Cameo Silhouette this past week. 
While dear hubby was at the doctors a couple days ago, I was looking at bird magazines in the waiting room. I pulled out my phone and took photos for references on color and then came home to paint my birds. I used Dina Wakley media paints on each bird.
Dina's media paints and media palette knife were used to paint my background. 
I used the smallest brush from Dina's set to paint the leaves and branch. 
Black soot brush marker was used under each bird to give it shading. 

Fude Ball 1.5 marker was used on leaves and the bird’s eyes. 

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 ~ February

 This is my new tag for 12 Tags of 2015 for February.
On this tag, I used the TH cute little remnant rub birds, TH Eiffel Tower embossed die cut, wool felt TH die cut heart, TH industrial sticker, TH ephemera, TH word bands, TH arrow, TH distress marker spritzer, black soot marker and distress paint. The rest of the tag was made with a few printed papers from my stash. Crinkle ribbon was inked with distress scattered straw distress ink and tied on to finish my tag. 
February 7, 2015

Hi Everyone, while everyone was watching the Super Bowl game February 1, 2015, I was gathering supplies to use on this tag, by the end of the game I had everything applied to my tag except the wool felt TH die cut heart.  
Today, the wool felt heart was sewn, applied to tag and photographed. 
I like how Tim used a variety of papers for his background tag. You can view his tag here
My Tag;
The first three pieces that were applied to my tag; a torn piece of TH tissue wrap, an Eiffel Tower ephemera piece and a piece of music sheet. From these pieces it gave me the direction to finish my tag. I added a TH bird remnant rub, a TH industrial oval sticker and a die cut and embossed TH Eiffel Tower. I also used two distress inks with TH burlap stencil, two tiny brads used to hold a die cut font and a piece of vintage lace stained with vintage photo distress ink. 
This month, I made two tags, this one added Feb. 3 and second one added Feb. 7.