Monday, May 4, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 ~ May

"My Mothers Love"
For Mother's Day 2015

Friday afternoon my mother and I were looking at Tim's May 2015 tag, after viewing how he made the tag, she said you are one of the winners. Thanks Tim and Mario! 

When we arrived home Saturday afternoon, I rested a little, and then was inspired to work on this tag. 
I used my Vagabond to make a burlap and manila tag using Tim's tag die. I used my xyron to adhere the tags together. 
Next, I used Tim's layering stencil with texture paste on tag. Later after paste was dry, I used distress ink to color the numbers with ink blending tool. 
Walnut and burlap distress inks were used on burlap before adding other items to tag. 

I was inspired seeing Tim's gorgeous May tag:

I used three remnant rubs; it a wonderful life and both numbers on stamped image. Distress markers were used to add color to stamped image. Black distress marker was used around the finished words at bottom of tag. 
Crinkle ribbon was inked with distress stain. 
Tiny buttons were used with loop pins and attached to bow. 
We waited on the mailman to bring the tiny tattered flower die before going on to my mothers on Monday. I know my mother will have fun playing with Tim's newest tiny flower dies. A glue gun is the only way to finish the flowers as Tim suggested. I added a tiny bit of distress ink to each flowers on this tag. 
On the upper right and bottom left are photocopies from a vintage hangtag that was on a bolt of organdy I bought years ago. I used matte glue n seal over photocopied ephemera. 
I applied a ephemera rose postage stamp from 1995 on my tag and then sealed it with matte glue n seal. 
I had fun making my tag! Thanks Tim for the inspiration!

May 9, 2015
I had fun making a second tag for 12 Tags of 2015 ~ May

I made three burlap tag using tim's layering stencil with texture paste; one tag shared on tim's blog May 4, one tag mailed to my mother and the third tag finished today; May 9. 
 "The moments we cherish" were used with white pigment ink and clear embossing powder on black paper. (tim's long cling stamp)  
A piece from tim's paper pad; "1 time 7" was trimmed and distress with walnut ink and then applied to tag with glue n seal. 
A couple photocopies from my vintage organdy hangtag were used on this tag as well. 
Distress markers were used to color stamped and inked image. This stamped image had a blank space near left arm; it was just the right size for the tiny number from tim's botanical remnant rub. 

Tim's newest tiny tattered floral die was used to make the paper roses. 

Distress ink was used on crinkle ribbon and applied to tag. 

Loop pain was used with two brown buttons to finish. 
Thanks for Looking! 


  1. LOVE your image, and your flowers are precious! Fab take!!!


Thanks for the comments on my blog and I hope I can continue to inspire you.
Please come back and visit soon...