Thursday, December 24, 2015

Exploring Art Materials


I would like to share with you artwork from viewing;
Exploring Art Materials  DVD by Mary Jo McGraw How to get more from what you already have. The menu option plays each one of the segments in art materials and projects so you can stop and start as many times as you like. While I have never been in a class with MaryJo, this DVD is like getting a front row seat as she teaches how to do each one of these projects. This DVD is professionally done through PageSage.
MaryJo takes the mystery out of eight products and demonstrates different ways to use fine art supplies that you may have in your stash. Here is a list of materials that you will learn how to use:
Gel and Glazing Mediums
Gesso, Acrylic Paints
Glues, Wax and Polish
Dry Masking, Pigments
MaryJo shows seven projects and lots of variations are shown in a Mini Gallery after each project. Here is a list of the projects that she demonstrates.
Again Affects
Faux Burl Wood
Coasters Makeover
Textured Tissue Box
Alerted Book Cover
Veiled Illusions
Creative Layers
MaryJo's finale piece is a combination of all the projects shown on this DVD. I was in awe when I first saw this project she calls; "Creative Layers."
While MaryJo uses a vintage photo in her project, I used a copy of my mother and my brother. I made this piece for my mother when she celebrated her 80th birthday.
Here is my example:


MaryJo shares more than 50 wonderful photographs of her artwork on this DVD. When you see a project, you can jump directly to the technique or project that inspires you with a touch of the button. I really like how you can stop and start as many times as you like. I hope you will add this DVD to your library.
Thank you for stopping my blog. Have a Nice Day!