Thursday, May 17, 2018

I didn't receive good news at eye surgeon

 Life has taken all sorts of twists and turns. I'm wanting to get back to using my stamping supplies! 
I thought my bad eye-site was due to having all the migraines and headaches that started December 2015.
Tuesday, May 15, I saw my eye doctor in our town, he tested my eyes for glasses because I was having trouble seeing. When he checked my left eye I couldn't see the screen, it was blue. He used a camera, he said it looks like fluid on the back on my eye. He didn't waste anytime and contacted a eye surgeon in Edmond, Ok so the next day, May 16 we drove down to see him. After filling out a bunch of papers, and then a bunch of photos on my eyes;  he said, there is nothing I can do for eye, I'm not keeping your records so don't come back. In left eye, I see a blue blurry blob in the center and only see a little of the outer perimeter. When I looked at eye doctors screens, all I saw was a blue screen or fuzzy screen when I was supposed to see a hot air balloon or black dots. 

My eye doctor checked me a few months after I was on life support April 2016. And a year after being on life support. Each time he would say, lets wait a little longer till you get new glasses. 
My right eye is 20/25, in my left eye 20/400. 
18 inches from computer is a blur to read. With my new pacemaker, I'm suppose to stay a safe distance away from my computer. I might have to change to a larger print on my computer. 

May and June 2014 I paid extra to get laser surgery so I didn't have to wear eyeglasses. Now with my eye site like it is, the surgeon said he can't correct or improve my eye-site with eyeglasses, surgery, or shots in my eyes. 

Update June 11, 2018, I will need new eye glasses when dear hubby has pacemaker/defibrillator surgery. He ordered me new lenses for clear and sunglasses. On left eye, will be just a lens with no correction, on right eye was an older prescription lens he had done several years back. These glass don't help, when looking down the highway I see double of everything. I can see if its close but not with the glasses. I won't be going back to this eye doctor for that. 


3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was not all the eyesight on that eye. I lost part of my vision to due to an occlusion and they could not correct it for me either. So I fully understand how you are feeling.

sally said...

So saddened to read this news Judy. Try to find some positive to focus on (excuse the pun!)

Sally x

Rushd Lady said...

Praying for you friend! Hugs!