Friday, May 17, 2019

COPD and Pneumonia


We were down visiting my mother, sister, one brother from Wyoming and one brother from Arkansas May 1. We spent the night and came home the next day. 
I started feeling sick the 4 of May with coughing, runny nose and chest pain. May 6, I lost my voice. Dear hubby called and got me in to see our local doctor. I got in to the my doctor that afternoon. 
I was checked for flu, my doctor ask me to go on to the hospital; I had X-rays, EKG, urine test, and blood drawn. The nurse poke me 5 times to find a vein to draw blood. The next day I was told I didn't have the flu but blood was found in my urine. 
I was put on a strong antibiotics for a week, but coughing the whole time. I started coughing up blood by the end of the week. I had another appointment Monday 13. He asked if I had been around someone smoking. (I had, a nephew when we were down to see other family members. I've asked him to step outside when he smokes, but won't.) Our doctor called in for a pulmonary test and CT. I'm pretty sure I failed the pulmonary test, I couldn't stop coughing after each testing. After she gave me Albuterol to inhale, I started shaking (tremor). When I left the hospital I had to get in a wheel chair because I was skating so much. The shaking lasted two hours. This is the second time this has happened this month after taking albuterol. 
When the doctors office called for the results the next day, the nurse said I have Pneumonia and COPD. 
I'm on three medications now, coughing but not as much as I did last week. I'm dizzy walking and sitting. I haven't slept well since this all started. Hurts to take a deep breath. I haven't been out of the house that much, and if I do I wear a mask. I surely don't need someones germs. 

For years it takes my breath to be around someone smoking. It also takes my breath to smell hair sprays, cooking sprays or deodorizer sprays. I've had problems with asthma  most of my life. 


2 comments:

Peach said...

What an ordeal! Sending Prayers, Loves and hugs your way!
Wish I could come by and help out. I'm seriously considering moving to NE OK soon.
Hoping you get relief SOON!
xOx
Peach

Stamped Impressions said...

Thank you for your prayers!