Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Halloween Tag

This is a tag I completed with a Wrinkle Free Distress technique from Tim Holtz.

I used black vintage ribbon on the base of tag, pumpkins cut from scrapbook paper, idea-ology pieces on top and TH raven die cut from black card stock. 
I love how this turned out. 

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crafting over on OWSE

Some good news to share on my blog; I've been ask to join Crafting with OWSE for my Technique Tuesday. Come join us:

Monday, August 15, 2011

GM-20 Enjoy the Journey

I made this Grungy Monday #20 tag using Linda's challenge product; "Distress Stickles" on and under the die cut gears and around the stamped image "Enjoy the Journey."
This tag was made with Tim Holtz products: Lost & Found Paper Stash, Tim's cling mount stamps, Distress Stickles, Distress Inks, Grunge paper, Grungeboard, idea-ology, Tag die, Magnetic Gears die set and Plaque & Postage on the edge die.
Archival inks from Ranger.
Clear embossing powder from Stampendous.
Diamond stamp from Stamps Happen.
Linda from Studio L3 is having a party using Tim Holtz.Distress Stickles.
Please join and celebrate with us!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grungy Monday 19

You can view all the details over on Linda's blog: Studio L3. And see Tim's blog here:
The piece on front of tag is from an idea-ology package. Supplies from Tim's distress inks, idea-olgy, and stamps.

It you would like to see the tag I made when he put up Christmas 2010 it's here on my blog:

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

B for Butterfly

Over the last five weeks I've been sharing Technique Tuesday with complete directions here:

I've been using a variety of supplies from my stash.
This week I used Tim Holtz stamps, Dabber paints, Distress re-inkers and idea-ology. If you don't recognize the grungy b it's from Tim's alphabet foam stamp set sold several years ago.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Distress Stain Tag

I made this tag for a challenge over on OWSE. For this challenge you had to use Tim Holtz Distress Stain from Ranger.
I made the background using a technique I saw Tim use at the winter cha. It's the technique where you place several colors of distress stain down on craft sheet and drag the tag through the inks. I did this and then sprayed it with a fine mist to make the colors bleed together.
I inked Tim's papillon stamp with archival black over the distress stain. On a seperate piece of paper I stamped an image from Above the Mark using archival black. I used Tim's magnetic butterfly die with Tim's Kraft Resist from paper stash and then inked it with Distress Stain. Before applying the butterfly to the stamped and cut out image I added Ranger's Liquid Pearls dimensional pearlescent paint to the body of the stamped butterfly on the stamped image. Three  rhinestones were added to tag along with two idea-olgy pieces at the top with the seam binding.