Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 4 Snowman



This is my Day #4 Snowman
It took several hours for the distress rock candy crackle paint to dry on the grungeboard snowman. I made several background tags before I was pleased with the results. I didn't have that many blue distress stains to use on this piece so the colors are a bit off compare to Tim's. I painted a button with aqua dabber paint. Added beads instead of clear button at the bottom. Added a braid on the hat and a miniature ribbon rose that was tinted with distress stains to tie it together. 
You can find Tim's Snowman over on his blog:
https://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-christmas-2011/

Thanks for Looking at my tags and I love the nice comments left on my blog.

Update:

Supplies

Winter Wonder die (Tim Holtz)

On the edge; Flurries (Tim Holtz)

Vagabond tool 

Tag and bookplate die (Tim Holtz)

Mini Holidays 2 -CMS 96 (Stampers Anonymous)

Distress stain (Ranger)

Distress inks (Ranger)

Distress rock candy crackle paint (Ranger)

Ink blending tool (Ranger)

Acrylic paint dabber (Ranger)

Manila folder (Staples)

Heat tool (Ranger)

Glossy Accents (Ranger)

1/8” wonder tape (Provo Craft)

Grungeboard (Ranger)

Holiday muse token (Ranger)

Jump ring (my own stash)

Hot glue gun (Loctite)

Foam applicator (Inkssentials)

Craft sheet (Ranger)

Tinsel (Hobby Lobby)

Button (personal stash)

Netting (personal stash)

Beads (Hobby Lobby)

Miniature flower rose (personal stash)




6 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous tag. You are so lucky having some Rock Candy crackle. I had to improvise with a crackle stamp! You've made this one beautifully.
Sharon xx

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Beautiful!

Dawn said...

Looks like your fingers did not slow you down at all. The tag turned out great.
Dawn

Marjie Kemper said...

So cool! Love that gorgeous layered blue background.

Ruby Craft said...

Great tag! Hope your hand and fingers are feeling better.

Kathy Eddy said...

Fabulous tag Judy! I loved this one!