Saturday, March 3, 2012

12 tags of 2012 for March


I had fun creating this tag from viewing Tim's March Tutorial.


Supplies used: Tim's grungeboard, rubber stamp, butterfly die, paper, idea-ology, distresser tool, distress inks, perfect pearls mist, glossy accents, wonder tape and archival black ink. I used the same "quickstik" tool Tim used. It works perfect for these tiny papers.
The cement embossing powder is something I need on my wish list.
I used something I had in my stash for the grout. Even though it's not what Tim used I think it came out pretty good for the first time using this technique. After viewing Tim's tag again, I see I cut my pieces a lot smaller. I love the detail seen in real life using the glossy accents over the paper.

For the background I used a stamp from IBFS.
It doesn't seem possible that distress inks have been out since 2004. I recall buying my first Distress ink pad that year; a shop owner was showing how-to age photos using a nib and distress inks.


3 comments:

michele hileman said...

Your tag is awesome, I love it

Peach said...

Another high class Tag!

x0x
LL

Unknown said...

so pretty! Love the butterflies!