Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12 Tags of 2013 ~ December


Welcome to my blog; Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
This month I made three tags using Tim's techniques.


I made these tags using my mothers supplies of Tim's dies, stamps, embossing powder and distress inks.
I have the frosted film, its at my home 103 miles away. 
The only supplies I brought on this trip were distress paints and some stencils.  
Along with the distress painted poinsettia on second tag, I used clear film that was heated to curl in ventilated area. You know how it is, you finish a tag and have paint on your fingers and the next thing you have it on my tag. I decided leave as is. 
The first and second tag was made with the same distress paint, fired brick. The light color flower was made to look like a peppermint poinsettia. Love those distress paints.

Update:
    
I inked and embossed a few of my mother's Tim Holtz stamps on manila tags before coming home yesterday. This tag was finishing today using my supplies:
TH frosted film, TH Holly die, TH distress ink,
Archival ink; coffee, olive and sepia.
Red beads and trim inked with distress inks
Clear film
My cordless hot-glue gun was used to apply the embellishments on the tag.
This one is my favorite of the three tags! 
~~~~~~~~
Thanks Tim! 
Merry Christmas! 
Check out Tim's beautiful tags for December: http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2013-december/

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!! Beautiful tags!

Winnie said...

Such lovely tags you made! Love the peppermint poinsettia you made!