Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Season's Greetings




I used Tim's bookplate die to make a 14 pt. manila tag it was then covered with a free form holly and berries stencil I made with .005 film and my new Cameo.
Next, I used a foam applicator with peeled paint distress ink over the stencil.
With stencil still taped down add color to berries with fired brick distress paint.
Use Archival black ink to stamp image from CMS #119 Joyful Song on white tissue paper, trim and apply a thin film of Perfect Paper Adhesive (matte) and then adhere across tag.
If you like how the grid design looks on my tag, you can create it with something you may already have in your home, but you have to work quickly because the ink dries to fast. The design was made with plastic grid, I cut it the size of my tag with sharp scissors and then rubbed distress paint in Distress Paint Tarnished Brass on the grid and quickly press down on tag. You might have to practice on a scrap piece of paper before using on your tag.
Die cut one of Tim's carolers with white card stock. Paint with black soot distress stain or paint. Let dry. Apply to tag.
Stamp Season's Greetings using embossing ink followed by black embossing powder and heat set.
Use foam applicator to apply distress ink around tag to finish.



No comments: