Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Handmade Bears

While recouping from pacemaker and other health issues I made these 11 plus 13 more June through July this year. Most of these bears have gone to family near and far. These bears are 5 inches tall if they could stand up. To make these tiny bears I have to use magnifying glasses because I can't see the stitches without them. 

The graduate bear (below) was made for one of our granddaughters that graduated from her two year college this year.
The last bear (below) was made for my 92 year old mother, I made her bear a dress and a red bow with white curls in her hair. 
It takes me 6-8 hours to cut-out and hand stitch the bears and longer if I make hand stitched clothing. 
I've made a bunch of bears in the last 2 months. They consist of blue, red, purple, burgundy, grey, beige, teal, cream, medium brown and dark brown. 

Update: It's now August 10, I finished my last bear (No. 25) to give to my husband he wanted a blue bear and then I shipped out two bears one to Arkansas and and one to Wyoming. They were just like the bear below. 



4 comments:

mamablitger said...

Oh wauwh. What a great way to spend time whilst recouping. These bears are so adorable. It is great that they do look different. You are very skilled. Did you find the pattern on-line or did you draw it your self ?
I hope you are feeling well now after surgery !!! ��
Thank you for sharing these wonderful bears !
Hugs from Monica
Spain

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow girl! These are so darling and cute. I love the graduation bear. I admire your sewing talents. I am not a seamstress at all and especially when it comes to using a machine. If I do anything it is all by hand.

Stamped Impressions said...

Thank you I did make a bunch! You'll need the book with instructions to make this bear. It has 22 pieces to put it together.
Back in the 80's I made these bears with cap and gowns and sold them at a little shop in town. Also I made a bear for my grandmother with a green dress and bow in her hair; when she passed away 1988, it was given back to me. The book was put away until a few months ago when I started making the bears again. My book has yellow border with green print. The book is called -- POCKET SIZE TEDDY BEARS BY GICK PUBLISHING Creator Les Weston

Stamped Impressions said...

Thank you Verna! I have always love making small animals and dolls. Most of these have gone out to family. I had to redo the back far right brown bear and change his snout and ears. I didn't like it after I made it. So far I've made 24 and three more to make and then I'll be putting the book and patterns away.