Wednesday, April 2, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 ~ April





After viewing Tim's gorgeous Tag for April 2014; http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-april/
I couldn't wait to set down to make a tag using Tim Holtz techniques and supplies from my stash.
I made the tissue tape background on a manila tag using Tim's technique; it was so pretty, I didn't want to cover it up. Next, I die cut Tim's ornate frame with chipboard and then painted it with distress paints and distress inks as Tim shares.

I made a photo copy of my oldest sister Patsy giving me a pump/ride on her bicycle. The cars behind us is my grandpa's car and our family car, woody jeep.





I used Tim's tattered pinecone die to make flowers, his stamps from #155 Simple Sayings for the quote and his tag die to make the manila tag.
His distress paints and distress inks were used on this tag. I wish the photo would pick up the coloring I added on our clothing, I used Tim's technique with a nib and distress inks.
Distress inks were used to color both seam binding ribbons. 

9 comments:

sally said...

Nice take on this months tag Judy, I love those pinecone "roses" :-)

Sally

Denise said...

Cool tag! I love all of Tim's techniques!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous roses! And I love the frame idea--perfect for your tag!

mamablitger said...

Oh dear... Your tag is fabolous. Love the way you used the frame over that cute photo. And your flowers are just so pretty ! You did a great job on this tag. Thanks a lot for sharing !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Kort og Søm said...

Your tag is gorgeous!
Fredrikke :)

Julie S said...

Well done! I love the use of the frame.

Unknown said...

Love your tag!!!

LauraVi said...

You created an original take on April's tag!

Winnie said...

Such a lovely tag! I love that you used a special picture of you and your sister on it too!