Early in the summer, I started the background using one of Tim's stencils with distress paints and then used a foam applicator with vintage photo on and around the tag. It didn't get finished so it was set aside.
When I was sewing recently, I picked up this tag again and added a few decorative stitches with my 1630 Bernina sewing machine.
And then on Sunday,
I pressed several regular size distress ink pads in coordinating colors down on my craft sheet, sprayed with a fine mist of water and then manila cardstock was dipped in the colors until I liked the results, each piece was heat set to dry and then die cut using Tim's flower strip die and Sizzix leaf die. After they were die cut, I used vintage photo distress ink around each petal using a round foam applicator. Each flower was shaped and then attached using tiny brads, some of the brads were dipped in paint. The flowers were added to the tag using Zots.
My newest mixed media Valentina stamped image by Julie Nutting was inked using Archival black ink on 140 lb. watercolor paper, cut out and then dressed with 6x6 Farmhouse Crate pad from my stash. I used distress marker to color her face, arm legs, hair and shoes. Valentina was then added to my tag using Zots.
The green flourish is actually trash that would otherwise be thrown out from a clear stencil I made with my Cameo. I dipped the flourish in paint to coordinate the colors in the tag. It was applied to tag with Glue n' Seal. The bling flower was added to tag using Glue n' Seal.
Finished tag 4x8"
My flower inspiration came from watching a tag being made my Tammy Tutterow.