Friday, September 5, 2014

Smile is the Key


Hello, I hope you are having a nice day. 
  
Today I'll share a tutorial using one of the Julie Nutting stamped images with Dyan Reaveley sentiment stamp. 

I began, by using Archival black ink to stamp my mixed media doll image on 140 lb. watercolor paper, this was set aside to dry and then fussy cut. 
I used watercolor crayons with a water-brush to color her hair, face, arms and legs. 
The edge of ink pad was used to tone down all white edges of doll image. My favorite for this technique is the little inking tool that looks like an iron by Prima. I used Teak Wall. Set aside to dry. 

 Cut a tag from Once Upon Time stack then apply paper tag to
Matte board tag. 

Edge around tag with Teak Wall ink pad.
A second coordinating page from Once Upon Time stack was used to stamp dolls skirt, bolero, headband and shoes. Trim close, set aside. 
Stamp another doll image on white card stock, cut out bodice. 
Apply skirt, bodice, headband and shoes to watercolor paper doll image. 

Apply mixed media doll image to tag.  
Stamp sentiment on white card stock with Archival black ink, cut out, and then added to my tag.  
Apply a generous amount of glue to adhere three paper flowers; glass pin and die cut leaves to finish my tag. 

Supplies:
Once Upon Time by DCWV
Julie Nutting Bolero Mixed Media Paper Doll by Julie Nutting/Prima
Dylusions Clear Stamps by Ranger
Archival black ink by Ranger
Magnetic die by Tim Holtz/Sizzix
Paper Flowers by Prima
Teak Wall by Prima
Adhesive/Glue 
Matte board
Pearls and Stick Pin from my stash


No comments: