Thursday, January 1, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 ~ January

I was inspired to work New Year's Day on my tag.    
Check out Tim's January tag here:

I was inspired by Tim's tutorial to create my own version of 12 tags of 2015 for January. I was happy to see I had many of the supplies Tim used for this tag. I will say, I got a little too aggressive with the sprinkles of gold distress as my final step, and the tag went a little dark. I used a little splatter tool that I bought the first year I started stamping twenty-two years ago.
Here is the start of my tag;
Postale tissue tape was applied to my #8 manila tag with glue n' seal. I used broken china, salty ocean and brushed pewter distress paint over the tag with my fingers. Brown sprays were added, wiped off extra and then heat set. 
Chitchat quotes were applied to my tag. Then followed by glue n' seal over the tag.
I followed Tim's tutorial up to adding my 2015. 
In my stash I have word play bigz XL die, this is what I used for my embellishments. 
2015 was die cut using Tim's grunge board and then painted with tarnished brass distress paint. Distress glitter was added to tag using glossy accents as an adhesive. A recent purchase of mirrored star was added to my tag with Glue n' Seal. 
Crinkle ribbon was used with gold spray ink from my stash to finish my tag. 
Tools I used: craft sheet, scissors, shears, sanding grip and heat tool. 

Finished New Year's Day
January 1, 2015
----

6 comments:

sally said...

Not started mine....but yours is the second lovely version I've read about this morning :-).
Happy New Year

Sally

Sharon said...

Hi Judy: Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's nice to know that someone actually reads it! LOL. I really like how your centrally positioned your numbers - really draws attention to the new year coming up! I agree...it's hard to know how the colours will turn out both in doing the tag and then photographing it. Happy crafting in the new year to you. Sharon

Unknown said...

Very cool. I see what you mean about going to the dark side. haha Still came out great! If I do it again, I'd do the Glue 'n Seal before the ChitChat, and then again after.

Rushd Lady said...

Happy New Year! See you are still playing with paper! *smile*

Stamped Impressions said...

Sharon, I always read blog post. Thank you for your comments!

Stamped Impressions said...

Sally, Thank you the comments! Happy New Year to you too!