Sunday, August 7, 2016

Creative Chemistry 103 ~ Distress Paint Resist Technique




I choose the Distress Paint Resist Technique from Day 2 on Creative Chemistry 103 to make a holder for my Distress Crayons.

To begin, I covered the bottom of a cardboard tissue roll with canvas. It was done using a canvas circle larger than the bottom of each roll. Next, use heavy duty glue to bring up from the sides and set to cover bottom. Fit to sides and set aside to dry.


I followed Tim's technique from Day 2 to make a cover piece, and then apply the cover piece to the roll using an adhesive and matching up to fit container. 
I made this container for my 18 Distress Crayons. 


Today, was productive, I used canvas to cover the bottom of four tissue rolls.
Finished size of this tissue roll 4" tall x 3 1/2" wide. 

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool project. Looks great.

Rushd Lady said...

Need any address label rolls? I've got some to share. David brings them home from work.