Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gelli Printing on Fabric

I found blue denim jeans and jumpers for 25 cents in clearance isle at my local thrift store.
After running the clothing through the washing machine and dryer I removed zippers, trim, buttons and bottom hem.
The pockets were saved. I left the pieces large to use in a patch quilt for camping or at the bench.
I used my Gelli plate, acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium and my stencils on denim.
It took some adjustment to see what acrylic colors would show on the denim.

1 comment:

Rushd Lady said...

I've been collecting legs of denim jeans to make some storage pockets like I saw at Pinterest. My friend Karen collected a bunch of denim jeans to make her son a denim quilt for his bed for Christmas one year. She said she didn't have to put cotton between the denim and the backing cause it was so heavy to begin with. She just backed it with some cotton flannel and he loved it!