Tuesday, May 15, 2018

I just can't get a Break

I went to my eye doctor today after having months of flashing lights and small shining circles in my eyes. I thought it was due to having all the migraines since December 2015.  
It had got so bad I was having problems reading or typing. So if you see a typing mistake it's my crazy eyes showing a blank or looks blurry. 
I was run through several test before seeing my eye doctor. He checked my right eye and finally found one lens I could see pretty good but not perfect and then went to my left eye. All I could see was a big blue glob. He took camera shots of both eyes to look behind my eyes. My left eye is much worse. He said I have macular edema. I have a pocket of fluid behind my eyes and I'll need shots in my eyes. 

I told my eye doctor if they wanted to do an MRI, it would have to be soon as I'm having a pacemaker on the 24 of May 2018. He made the appointment for the next day in Edmond, Ok near the Oklahoma Heart hospital when I was on life support (April 2016) and then stayed 15 days across Memorial at Mercy rehab.
After I got home from eye appointment, I read up on macular edema, it says it might have come due to the laser surgeries. I had laser surgery on left eye May 2014 and laser surgery on right eye June 2014 or they said it could be due to a recent fall. I fell December 9, 2017, when I tripped over a cord and fell down hitting my back and head on a hard oak floor. I have daily headaches and back pains and need more surgery on my back. 

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, dear Judy! I feel so bad for you. I will certainly be praying that all turns out okay for you. And in the meantime put your trust in the Lord to help you through this new hurdle. Take care!

Rushd Lady said...

Ouch! Oh, I understand and can't seem to get a break either. Hope and pray you are feeling better soon! Here's a hug!