Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Leather Journals

(Black and Tan - Passport leather journal on top
 and Brown - Notebook leather journal on bottom)

These are some of the leather journals I started working on this week using
  Eileen Hull's Scoreboard Passport XL die and Notebook L die.
The tie closures were made from extra leather and a pair of sharp scissors.
I like my leather books and ties.
My favorite of the two dies is the Notebook L die because its so easy to make a book. All you need is a cover; either with leather or heavy chipboard/cardboard, three hair elastic and three small tablets. I make my own tablets using a portion of the Passport die to make my pages. I general use paper but the ones I'm keeping I used file folder paper or watercolor paper because I plan on painting and stamping on these.
I purchased bulk bag of leather from HL, I had no idea what sizes I was getting. I could only make 4 brown leather book covers using the Notebook L die. I stopped with four black and three off-white covers using the Passport die. I have more scraps of leather, it will take three pieces to make one leather book cover.
 I used my 5x7 inch Gel printing plate to paint 1/4 piece of file folder before die cutting the pages using the Passport die for my little books inside. I generally use 4 to 5 pages for each book when using heavy paper or for writing I use 10 die cut copy paper sheets.