Monday, February 3, 2020

Using Re-inkers as Watercolors





In a disposable palette tray add one tiny droplet of Distress Re-inker 
in the following colors: 
Dusty Concord
Spiced Marmalade
Peeled Paint
Broken China
These four droplets were used to make my watercolor page
using a ½ inch angle shader brush and a little bit of water. 
I used 140 lb cold press Watercolor paper pad.

( There is lots of color left to make several more projects 
from the tiny amount of re-inker. )


 I made this project two weeks before Tim Holtz started one of his online classes. Just a odd thing that Tim shared something similar to what I was sharing on another blog; April 27, 2012.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful water color design. If only I had more time in the day or maybe a craft room I could call my own. I might give this a try.

Rushd Lady said...

Tim now has a clamshell palette that he uses for his inks. I watched one of his videos on YouTube in which he was showing how to store the inks. I just went to the $5.00 and Under Store awhile back and purchased a white clamshell palette to use for inks and markers like your idea. Cheaper than buying his. You know me, the frugal crafty rushd lady. smile! Water-coloring with inks is so much fun, don't you agree?